One Family Poisoned in Sekadau, West Kalimantan

Minggu, 18 Juni 2017

443

One Family Poisoning in Sekadau, West Kalimantan

One family in Meragun Village, Nanga Taman Sub-District poisoned after ate some kind of vegetable looks like mushroom. The incident occurred on June 17, 2017 around 24.00 pm. Initially after eating mushrooms, victims feel nausea, dizziness and vomiting. Unfortunately, two of the family members died.

The accident started when the head of the Ahae family ate vegetables mixed with the dregs of tuak, and cooked in young bamboo. Then another family member joined the meal. Around midnight the family experienced symptoms of poisoning such as dizziness, nausea, and defecation continuously.

Survivors are still receiving treatment, food samples which suspected to be poison have been taken by the Public Health Center , and Sekadau District Health Office for laboratory testing.